At RunK2J we believe that hard work should be rewarded. It’s important to enjoy running and to mix it up a bit, to keep the love of running burning brightly in your heart and soul. It’s also super beneficial to cross train to reduce injuries, and hey, you can never have too many awards!
So on that note, we proudly present the “RunK2J Award”.
The winners of the 2022 RunK2J Award can be found here
In 2023 you will have from September 1, 2022 to November 31, 2023 to complete all required tasks. You may only use a race for one RunK2J Award. i.e you can not use the same race for 2022 and a 2023 award.
Awards will be given out at the year end party. To be eligible for an award you must be a full member of Runk2J. Anyone who takes a clinic in 2023 is considered a full member.
In order to win a RunK2J award you must complete the activities listed below.
If you have completed the activities please fill out and return the application which can be found here
- Race 4 of the following five distances 5K, 10K, ½ Marathon, 30k or Full Marathon. Races must be in-person. If you are 70 or over you only have to race 3 of these distances
- PB at one of the distances above. This can be a lifetime PB, or a PB since turning 40, 50, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85 or even 90.
- Enter a new type of race. Something you have not done before. This could be a new sport or a new distance (as long as it is not one of the four listed above). This is subject to some interpretation, let us know what you plan to do and we will let you know if it counts. For example: a 5K snowshoe race, a 3K Open Water Swim, a challenging trail running event, a cycle tour etc.
- Volunteer at an event. Volunteers are key, without them none of us would be racing. Give back to the racing community.
- Contrubute a Race Report for the website You can write your own or use our quick and easy form.
What do you win? Definitely bragging rights and something which you will obviously want to display with pride. The inaugural awards were unveiled at the 2022 year end event. Expect something along the same lines for 2023.
BUT WAIT, there is more…. What about running a PB at a 5K, 10K, ½ Marathon, and a Full Marathon in the same season? We’re delighted to continue to provide that recognition from the classic award here as well. If you complete the tasks above, and PB for a 5K, a 10K, a 1/2 marathon and a marathon you will receive the “RunK2J Next Level Award” – because doing that is truly taking it to the “Next Level“.
So there it is. Check the race calendar and start planning for your award in 2023.
One thought on “The RunK2J Award”