Judy Andrew Piel
Chief Executive Runner (CER), and Founder
Judy has been coaching and encouraging adult runners and triathletes for over a decade. She has run countless local races, along with 45 marathons, 5 overnight long-distance relays, 5 Ironman Triathlons, and recently completed a pandemic inspired Virtual Backyard Ultra. While not running, she can be found promoting local events, cycling, hiking, swimming, Nordic skiing, and snowshoe running!
Judy is the co-race director on one of Canada’s largest open water swim events: Bring On The Bay. Working at Bushtukah, she is also involved in many events including the Bushtukah SWEET program.
Notable Athletic Achievements
- Word Ironman Championships (Kona, 2009)
- 2x World Ironman 70.3 Championships (3rd AG 2012)
- 5 Ironman and numerous IM 70.3, with AG podium (recent: 1st 2019 LP)
- Triathlon Canada Excellence AG Award, 2012
- Boston Marathon, 16-consecutive (3x Top-10 AG)
- Chicago Marathon: (2x top-10 AG),
- Philadelphia Marathon (2x Top-3 AG)
- ITU 2013 World Duathlon Championships: (5th in AG)
- ITU 2016 Canadian Triathlon Championships: (1st in AG)
- WSSF World Snowshoe Championships: 2017 Saranac Lake: (1st in AG)
- Canadian Cross Country Championships 3x: (1st in AG 2017)